Having a child born with special needs can happen to any family…
We rely on the generous assistance from people to empower the family and to offer the much needed support to individuals with special needs. The Deepwood Foundation supports camp scholarships, after school programs, local school classroom needs, specialized equipment, hearing aids, respite care, home care services, community education, Prom, recreation, Special Olympics and so much more.
Established in 1992, the Deepwood Foundation is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable foundation that relies on the support of individuals, corporations, special events, and other charitable foundations to "Enhance the Quality of Life and Care for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities." The Deepwood Foundation only exists to provide assistance to individuals and families impacted by developmental disabilities and to meet the increasing needs not met by traditional support and services.
The Foundation is committed to Creating Brighter Futures through advocacy, community awareness and increased opportunities for children and adults with developmental disabilities such as Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Downs Syndrome and so many more life altering challenges.
The Deepwood Foundation Board of Trustees has accepted the challenge of preparing to meet another decade of increasing responsibility in this essential area of need. Your ongoing donations make the difference to children and adults impacted by mental retardation and developmental disabilities. We are so grateful for your continued support.
To empower individuals with developmental disabilities; To enrich the quality of their lives by providing support, advocacy, grants and resources; and To promote community awareness.
The Deepwood Foundation is committed to ensuring that individuals with developmental disabilities lead rich and rewarding lives in a community where they are fully accepted.
- We will enable individuals, their families and their communities to meet basic needs and to increase their ability to participate in a community in which they are fully accepted.
- We value an atmosphere that promotes a meaningful quality of life and opportunities for people with disabilities.
- We value relationships and partnerships that increase understanding and community awareness regarding inclusion for people with disabilities
- We will promote and advocate for the rights and interests of individuals with developmental disabilities by encouraging a positive image about persons with disabilities and by providing education and information to the public.
- We value accountability and responsible management of all resources